Monday, November 16, 2009

New Items from Bob Evans!


Now you guys know that I love Bobs!! I am especially fond of the fact that I can have Bob Evans food in my own home. (You know... where the kids can be crusty and no one cares when they announce that they have to peeeeeeeee. )

Recently Bob Evans has come out with their great side dishes in single size portions! I was able to sample the single size mashed potatoes and mac and cheese.

I have always been a fan of their refrigerated mashed potatoes. This is really saying something since I am about everything from scratch. That's the great thing about Bob Evans refrigerated products though. They are homemade..... you just don't have to peel 5 lbs of potatoes, boil and mash them. WOOHOO!

Anywho... back to the single size trial. I am just going to keep it real here.... I am not a mac and cheese girl. I know I am weird. But my kids LOVE it. For me this means that I fix a whole box of mac and cheese to have more than half of it sit in my fridge. Of course my kids like fresh mac and cheese. Meaning they won't eat the leftover re-heated mac and cheese. OF COURSE! Wasting anything makes me cringe so these single size appealed to me.

I opened one single serving and was surprised it was perfect to feed my 2 little ones. They gobbled it up with no waste. I noticed as I stirred the mac and cheese, that there was no powdery, dry mess. It was thick and creamy. It almost looked good enough for this non mac and cheese eater to try :)

I tried the mashed potatoes a couple days later. I had some leftover pot roast and was perusing the fridge to see what I could pair it with. My eyes came to rest on the mashed potatoes as I stifled a happy dance. I sure wouldn't peel, cook and mash potatoes just for me but I could pop it in the microwave for a minute! I had a complete meal with no mess and no waste.

If you couldn't tell I am a total fan.
To celebrate my love for all things Bob, I am giving away several Free Bob Evans items. (They are coupons that you can take to your local supermarket and purchase any Bob Evans product for FREE!! ) Just leave a comment telling me your favorite Bob Evans at home product... or ones that you would like to try!

I will pick a winner next Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad Bob Evans is doing this! My family is huge fans of their mashed potatoes, but we always seem to have left overs. This will be a perfect way to feed my son, husband, and self quickly and still getting something yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Bob Evan's Sausage Gravy & Biscuits and Breakfast Burritos along with the mashed potatoes. The Burritos especially make mornings easy as it takes about 1 minute to thaw and have a yummy, warm breakfast. We'll give the single serve mac & cheese a try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love Bob Evan's as well. I will have to try the single serve. That would be a great snack for me in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't actually tried any of Bob Evan's products yet. The Hubbeast is funny about trying new "processed" foods unless I can get it pretty cheap in case we don't like it. So, I guess I would love to try the mashed potatoes or the sausage gravy & biscuits (being a southern girl).

    ReplyDelete